Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Bubble gum Cigars



Ensign Regina reporting: ArctiCon (Star Trek Convention) went off with only a couple hitches. (The dressing room smelled like bananas. Plus a creepy guy was putting on his costume over his clothes & wouldn't leave while we changed costumes.) The crowd went roaring crazy over our Borg "Asshimmilation" dance. There were actually guys lined up outside the dressing room, we got interviewed for a documentary & our picture ended up in a local entertainment magazine. Which ofcourse landed another job next month dancing @ a speakeasy called the Monkey Ball. We travel down to Anchorage this weekend for a performance & workshop with the delicious Heather Stands. Which means from here to the beginning of July I'll have a performance every weekend. I even have a performance in Denver on May 20th @ Casa Blanca. The fabulous Phoenix asked me to do a little dance....I'm so nervous, I've never danced in a restaurant before.

Major moves have been made on the scooter now that I'm not working 7 days a week. First I went to start the engine on Easter....I thought with this much praying on one day, the odds were in my favor. But they weren't & it didn't start. I wanted to walk infront of a bus but they don't run on Sundays. Instead I checked the spark & the compression & the fuel. They all worked but the float bowl was clogged. But I don't want to have a bucket of diesel sitting around the garage.

When I went into work on Monday my coworker asked if his kid's 2 stroke engine class could work on the Vespa! Joy yet yikes! I ran home & changed my tires from the original, dry rotted tires to my ultra-sexy, Continental White Walls:) Okay, the don't look as sexy as they should because I needed to clean the rear rim that had 50 years of exhaust coating in. For the first time in my life I had grease all the way up to my elbows. So I have naughty, greasy, finger marks all on the white.
Next I needed to take off the headset, detach the brake cable,drop the front fork taking off the front wheel just so I could change the lock. I love how the manuals don't exactly describe how to do this. The original manual calls for a Vespa Tool T001-1595....that no longer exists. The restoration manual shows you how to make the tool out of a pipe. I used a Phillip's head screwdriver, a hammer, & a piece of string. It went on perfectly:)

I got a trailer & drove it over to the school. Thursday I got the report that the engine started!!!! I drove around town looking for baby blue bubblegum cigars to hand out but they were no where to be found:( I won't see the Vespa till the end of the school year because I'm allowing him to work on any thing else that my need some care....like the brakes.

Miss you more than bubblegum cigars, V